Monday, March 18, 2013

MEET OUR VOLUNTEERS - Chris Weaver

Chris WeaverChris Weaver

I am a mother of 4, 1 angel born sleeping, 2 girls and one boy.  I am also a grandmother of 3, 2 grandsons and 1 granddaughter. Born and raised in Boston suburb and moved to West Michigan in 2007.  I have two grandchildren with rare diagnosis of genetic disorders.  Matteo who is 3 1/2 was diagnosed at birth with hirschsprungs disease, which affects the colon.  He had a repair surgery at 3 weeks old.  Nevaeh, my granddaughter, who is the reason I became a member of CHERUBS in 2009, was diagnosed at 17 weeks gestation with LCDH.  I count my blessings each day as I have been told that it is very rare to have 2 different genetic diseases in the same family as we have.  We are lucky that both children have had corrective surgery and at this time doing well.

No comments: