You can donate a basket in honor or in memory of your child (or any other family member - they do not have to be a cherub) at our auctions at our Angel Ball and our Golf Tournament in July in North Carolina. This is a great way to be a part of these events if you can't attend or to remember your cherub's birthday or to just help out a great cause!
To participate all you have to do is put together a basket with a theme... any theme (rated PG and under of course). The only requirement is that it is nice, new items and valued at over $100. We prefer them all wrapped up with a bow, ready for auction and ask that you include a list of what's included (so we don't have to unwrap the basket).
You can get family and friends and local businesses (especially tourist bureaus and chambers of commerce) to donate items for the basket.
Examples for baskets...
- Hawaiin Theme (a travel agency is donating a trip to Hawaii, the basket includes the trip tickets, info, sunscreen, sunglasses, maps, etc)
- Disney Theme (you could include gift cards to the Disney Store or tickets to one of the parks, Mickey Mouse ears hats, figurines, framed cartoons, etc)
- Car Theme (you could include gas cards, keychain, car cleaning kit, tools, maps, etc)
- Photography Theme (you could include a digital camera, memory card, gift certificate to have prints made, picture frames, photo album, etc)
- Sports Team Theme (hat and jersey of your team, tickets to a game, autographed photos of some of the players, sports equipment, game pennant, etc)
Our members are throwing around lots of ideas of our site at http://cdhsupport.org/members/viewtopic.php?t=1597
You can include a short story about your child, their photo, a letter on why you're supporting CHERUBS. You can make the theme about your child (nursery theme or where you're from, etc). Photos of the baskets, along with a paragraph about your cherub will be posted to the site. Make sure to e-mail us that paragraph and a photo.
Donations are tax-deductible (make sure to include donor info with the basket). And please make sure to include your info so we know who the basket is in honor or in memory of!
Please mail these with SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION DELIVERY (because the mailman will leave them exposed otherwise) to:
270 Coley Rd
Henderson, NC 27537
We need to start getting baskets in. These events are to raise money for next year's conference for families of children born with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. For a lot of families this will be the first time they will get to meet other CDH parents and to learn about CDH. We do not charge members to attend, instead we hold fundraisers to cover the cost. Don't forget that we also have a conference this July in NC for CHERUBS Members. Info on everything can be found at http://www.cdhsupport.org