CDH & CHERUBS NEWS:
* $5 Million Chase Community Giving Contest - Vote for CHERUBS! Help choose which charities receive $5,000,000 in grant money from Chase. CHERUBS has the opportunity to win money that could do a lot of good for our cause!!! Voting is done through Facebook. http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/374756?src=wallpost&ref=mf You must become a fan of the application, then vote. Please forward to your family and friends!
* CHERUBS 12 Days of CDH Christmas - From December 10th to December 22nd, CHERUBS will be unveiling 12 new deliveries to the CDH community. From news, services, fundraisers, awareness projects and products and CDH research - we'll be bringing even more to the CDH community table. Some little, some big, but all to help children and families affected by Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. What will they be? Stay tuned to our blog to find out! http://cdhsupport.blogspot.com/
* CHERUBS HOPE (Helping Other Parents Expecting) Totebag Project - our first totebag was delivered in October in person to the family of Andrew Hobbs at Duke University. It was an honor to meet Andrew and though he grew his wings, he touched our hearts forever. We have sent out over 50 totebags since October to new and expectant CDH parents and our supplies are getting low. Thank you to everyone who has donated for this project!!!!! Families around the world have sent in blankets, cameras, journals, teddy bears, footprint kits, pens, notebooks and so much more!!!! If you can donate, please do! I personally plan to hold a baby shower in memory of my cherub, Shane, to gather items for these totebags - I hope you will consider doing this in honor or memory of your cherub too! It's a great low-key way to raise awareness and donated items and have fun too! http://www.cdhsupport.org/donate/hope.php
* 2010 CDH Awareness Media Blitz Campaign - in 2010 CHERUBS will be conducting a massive international Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness campaign through a number of venues. Through the internet, newspapers, events, Congress, television, music and magazines we will be raising CDH awareness through a world-wide marketing blitz. We will also be raising CDH research money and reaching even more families who need support! We are VERY excited about all of our plans for 2010! To do this, we need the help of photographers and models (CDH survivors). It doesn't matter where you live, you can help. We need photographers and cherubs around the country helping us to pull off this campaign! If you would like to help in other ways (marketing, media, etc) please let us know! If you are interested in volunteering, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you would like ot help and where you are located.
* 2010 International CDH Conference - to be held in July, 2010 in San Francisco, California. Details to be posted in January! http://www.cdhconference.org
* Congressional Bill for CDH Research - there is so little research for Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia compared to other birth defects and illnesses and even less funds for researchers. CHERUBS is working hard to raise more government funding for CDH. We need your help - if you have any connections to get this bill into Congress, please let us know. We will be asking members to send letters soon and hope that you will all participate in this historic event of bringing CDH Awareness and Research to Capitol Hill!. We are also collecting photos and video of cherubs to send in with letters to our law makers to get this bill passed. http://www.cdhbills.org
* Congressional Bill for Awareness - We are also working on another bill to save CDH Awareness. As most of you know, the term "Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness" has been trademarked. CHERUBS and several other CDH organizations are fighting this trademark to keep CDH Awareness free for everyone. This trademark is the only trademark of it's kind on the USPTO registry. We are working hard with other causes to stop this trademark and any future trademarks that would hinder awareness of any birth defect or other cause. We are collecting videos to submit to our Congressmen with the bill we hope to get introduced into the Senate in 2010. http://www.cdhbills.org
* CDH Research Site - the research database site will be unveiled soon! This database will include over 2500 CDH patients and their medical histories, with research on long-term patient information that can be tabulated on the fly. Working with the International CDH Study Group, we hope to find the cause, prevention and best treatments for Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. http://www.cdhresearch.org
* Adopt A Hospital Program - our new program to help bring more informational materials to CDH parents has been very productive. We have many hospitals donated and we've received several letters, calls and e-mails from doctors thanking us for the kits of brochures, Parent Reference Guides, newsletters, both "Stories of Cherubs" books and more. We still have many more hospitals up for adoption. http://www.cdhsupport.org/donate/hospitaladopt.php
* International Children's Memorial Day - The 2009 International Children's Memorial Day is Sunday, December 13th. At 7:00 pm in each time zone, people will be lighting candles to remember all children lost. Over a half million babies have been affected by Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia since 2000. This means that over a quarter of a million babies have have been lost to this devastating birth defect. Over 800 babies are lost to CDH in the United States alone each year. CHERUBS has participated in NCMD for over a decade. We remember all the families who mourn their children from Congenital Diaphragmatic and those who mourn their children lost from other circumstances. This week our web site home page will go black in memory of those cherubs lost as we list every child in membership lost to CDH. It remain this way until December 14th. This is our solemn tribute to those cherubs with wings as well as our way to bring awareness to the many children lost to CDH.
* ACDHO - The Alliance of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Organizations is a group of over 50 CDH charities, sites and researchers working together to bring support, research and maintain integrity in the CDH Community. ACDHO has a new leader and a new site coming soon, along with the "ACDHO Seal of Integrity" so that CDH parents will know which groups have their best interests at heart and which hospitals have an expertise in CDH care. CHERUBS is proud to be a founding member of ACDHO.
* CHERUBS Silver Lining Newsletter - Our latest issue will be out in 2 weeks, full of the latest news, photos from our 2009 conference in San Antonio and other events and much more!
* CDH Baby Book - the first version is now included in our CDH HOPE Totebags but the final version will be available soon on our site for free download and hard copies for purchase on our Cafepress.com store and Amazon.com
* New CHERUBS Volunteers - we have many new volunteers and a new Volunteer Coordinator, Barbara Wagner. If you would like to contact your State / Country Representative or volunteer yourself, please visit http://cdhsupport.org/volunteers/
* CHERUBS Non-Profit Status - in November, 2009 CHERUBS status went from from a private non-profit foundation to a public non-profit foundation as per the advice of our lawyers and the IRS. Public non-profit status will allow us to work on the Congressional Bills and to gain grant funding to bring even more services to CDH families. CHERUBS has been a 501(c)III non-profit organization since February, 1995.
* Having trouble logging on to our web site? - Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your name and cherub's name and we'll respond as soon as we can to help you out!
* 2010 CDH Cherubs Calendar - featuring over 650 beautiful faces of CDH - the most photos of CDH patients ever collected! If you have ever submitted your cherub's photo, it will be included. http://www.cafepress.com/cherubs.415954058
* Hand Crafted CDH Awareness Ribbon Ornaments - hand-made by member, Barbara Wagner, these beautiful ornaments are wonderful gifts. Buy 1 for a loved one and another for yourself! All proceeds are donated to CHERUBS. http://cdhsupport.blogspot.com/2009/11/congenital-diaphragmatic-hernia.html
* CDH Awareness Kits - The first CDH Awareness Kits ever created! They include a totebag, Parent Reference Guide, CDH Awareness Ribbon buttons, CDH Awareness Bracelets, brochures and a CDH Awareness Ribbon car magnet. http://www.cdhsupport.org/donate/cdhawarenesskit.php Order your kits by December 9 and they will be mailed out December 10th, in time for holiday gifts.
* CDH Awareness Bracelets - Great stocking stuffers! In pink or blue, for adults or children. Just $4.00 each with FREE shipping! http://www.cdhsupport.org/donate/cdhawarenessbracelets.php Order your bracelets by December 9 and they will be mailed out December 10th, in time for holiday gifts.
* CHERUBS Cafepress Store - 1000's of official CDH Awareness items and more!!! The world's first CDH Awareness Store has sweatshirts, books, calendars, mugs, teddy bears, onesies, bibs, t-shirts, clocks, totebags and so much more. Many designs to chose from suitable for kids, men and women. http://www.cafepress.com/cherubs
* Personalized CDH Awareness Ribbons - over 100 CDH families have requested free personalized CDH Awareness ribbons that have been added to Cafepress. http://www.cafepress.com/cherubs/5842791 All ribbons submitted by December 7th will be posted by December 8th to be available for holiday purchases! If you would like one please send your cherub's photo, name and date(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org
* New 2009 Holiday Gifts! - lots of great new holiday designs with our CDH Awareness Ribbon! http://www.cafepress.com/cherubs/3918237
* 2009 Holiday Kid's Drawings - see these great drawings and purchase items on our Cafepress Store! All entries will be posted by December 8th! http://www.cafepress.com/cherubs/6953277
* Adopt A Hospital Program - A great gift in honor or in memory of a cherub for the holidays. We still have many more hospitals up for adoption! http://www.cdhsupport.org/donate/hospitaladopt.php
WAYS THAT YOU CAN HELP FOR FREE:
* Vote for CHERUBS in the $5 Million Chase Community Giving Contest - CHERUBS has the opportunity to win money that could do a lot of good for our cause!!! Voting is done through Facebook. http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/374756?src=wallpost&ref=mf You must become a fan of the application, then vote. Please forward to your family and friends!
* Goodshop / Goodsearch for CHERUBS - You can raise money just by searching or shopping on-line! By going through Goodsearch.com instead of Google, Yahoo or another search engine, Goodsearch donates money to CHERUBS. It does not cost you a penny and it is powered by Yahoo. You can shop at 1000's of stores! To make it even easier, you can download the free GoodSearch toolbar! It is safe and easy to install and it makes it so easy to search on-line and to shop as well! And it helps stores to remember that you are GoodShopping for CHERUBS even if you forget to go through the GoodSearch site to go shopping! You can download it at http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbar/ Don't forget to choose CHERUBS as your designated charity.
* Firstgiving.com - is a free on-line fundraising site that allows you to create free web pages to collect donations for CHERUBS in honor or in memory of your cherub! You can write your story, upload your photo and send the page to your family and friends. They handle all donations through credit cards, you see who has donated and they send us a check. It's an easy, safe way to collect donations from family and friends around the world. http://www.firstgiving.com/10125
* Submit Your Cherub's Photographs - for the CDH Song Video, the CDH Research Congressional Bill and our new web site. Send your cherub's photo to email@example.com with your cherub's name and date(s).
* Submit Your Cherub's Videos - for the CDH Song Video, the CDH Awareness Congressional Bill and the CDH Research Congressional Bills. Upload your video to YouTube and also send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org You can see other submitted videos at
* Congressional Bills - help us to find a Congressman or Senator to sponsor these bills by writing to your state law makers. Information and letter templates will be available soon. Visit this site and e-mail us if you would like to help. http://www.cdhbills.org
* CDH Awareness Trademark - sign the petition against this trademark and ask family and friends to sign as well. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/cdhawareness/index.html
* Submit Your Cherub's Story & Photo - for our newsletter, web site, projects and more. Send them to email@example.com
* Raise On-Line CDH Awareness - visit our site and grab and CDH Awareness Ribbon graphics to use for free on your site, blog or e-mail signature. We have free graphics for Blogspot and Myspace, a CDH counter, CDH webring and much more. All of our graphics are free to use and copyright free. http://www.cdhsupport.org
* Refer CDH Families - make sure that other CDH families have support and information as well. Forward this e-mail to them. CHERUBS is free to join! http://www.cdhsupport.org
DONATE TO CHERUBS:
* Donate On-Line - Donations to CHERUBS are tax-deductible and much needed! No one at CHERUBS receives a salary and we are currently not grant funded. CHERUBS subsists solely on volunteers, donations and fundraisers. All donations go to help us further of our mission of helping families affected by CDH through research, awareness and support. http://www.cdhsupport.org/donate/index.php
* Donate By Mail - You can also donate by check or money order to CHERUBS, 3650 Rogers Rd #290, Wake Forest, NC 27587, USA. U.S. currency in the form of checks or money orders only please. Checks can be made out to CHERUBS.
* CHERUBS HOPE Totebag Project - We need many items for this project. http://www.cdhsupport.org/donate/hope.php