Friday, April 13, 2012

“Surviving C47” by Lindsay Hales. A CDH Journey. All proceeds for April donated to CHERUBS!

from CDH mom and author, Lindsay Hales:


As April brings showers to make way for the beauty of spring, I’m reminded of my sweet CHERUB and her journey with CDH. Those early days in the NICU were much like the rains, dark and ominous. But through the heavy down pour came a light that has yet to be put out. My daughter’s story, as most Cherubs, brings hope and strength to those who suffer.

With Easter a week away, we are encouraged by our faith and reminded of God’s mercy and grace. To honor this season, and all our fighting Cherubs, I have decided to put on a fundraiser. Last year I published “Surviving C47”, a story of hope, faith, and a girl named Brooklyn. My goal was to share her struggles and raise awareness for CDH. For the month of April, all proceeds from this book will be given to the CHERUBS organization to help in these efforts. Books come in paperback, Nook, and Kindle formats and can be purchased at www.barnesandnoble.com or www.amazon.com.

Along with the book sales, I am also donating all of my profits from my Scentsy business. Scentsy is a flame-less candle system that uses electricity to heat scented wax. There are hundreds of warmers and dozens of scents to choose from. If you are interested in placing an order, please visit my website at www.lindseyhales.scentsy.us . There is no specific item you must buy, and anything you purchase will help raise funds for CDH.

As parents of CDH we refuse to be silent. We raise awareness so that one day we can say goodbye to this awful disease. We come together, strong and untied, for one goal. Just like our Cherubs, we fight, and embrace each story as it shapes the hearts of many.


No comments: