Monday, April 29, 2013

MEET OUR VOLUNTEERS - Ashley McCafferty

Ashley McCafferyAshley McCafferty


Ashley, mom to 2 wonderful boys Brycen and Logan.

My youngest, Logan was diagnosed at 20 weeks gestation with left-sided CDH and was born 10-14-11 at St. Luke’s Hospital in the Texas Medical Center here in Houston. Immediately after birth, Logan was transferred to the Level 3 NICU at Texas Children’s Hospital. While in the NICU Logan was a fighter and amazed everyone on how well he was doing. After 3 weeks in the NICU we were able to bring our sweet baby home without any additional medical problems, machines, or medications! Since coming home Logan has had one other surgery due to a bowel obstruction caused by scar tissue. Logan is a completely happy and healthy little boy that has brought so much joy to our family.
I found CHERUBS shortly after my 20 week ultrasound when I first started researching CDH. I am truly grateful for CHERUBS and all the information and support they have provided my family.

I am currently a Hospital Angel for Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston.

No comments: