Wednesday, February 27, 2013

MEET OUR VOLUNTEERS - Freedom Green

Freedom GreenFreedom Green


Freedom Green is the mom to Kylee Freedom Green.  Kylee was born October 4, 2000 and passed away on October 5. She was with us for 14 hours.
We first learned about our daughters condition at our 18-week ultrasound.  She had Left-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia – also known as CDH.   Her stomach, chest, and small portions of her liver, had breached into the upper-chest. Kylee had other congenital anomalies including: multiple heart-defects, two-vessel cord, Trisomy-18, as well as an AV canal defect. After much research, we chose to deliver at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital in Houston, TX.  Dr. Brian Kirshon of Houston Perinatal Associates performed an emergency cesarean due to massive polyhydramnios that was restricting Kylee’s growth. As soon as they delivered her she was immediately transferred to the NICU/Neo-Natal team right at the adjoining Texas Children’s Hospital. She passed away peacefully in our arms. 

I currently live in Owings Mills, MD with my family. I am married to the most loving, caring and supportive man; my husband Joseph Green. We have 4 wonderfully active children here with us today: Trey ( 9 ), Skyla ( 8 ), Chloe ( 7 ) and Elodie ( 4 ). I work full time as a stay at home mom. I am a marathon runner and love raising awareness / fundraising for CHERUBS through crowdrise ( http://www.crowdrise.com/kylees12thbirthdayba/fundraiser/freedomgreen ) trail running is my passion, hiking, reading, traveling, cooking, and gardening; all with my family. I have been a member of CHERUBS since 2000. My volunteer rolls for CHERUBS are: On –Call for Grieving Families, CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board ( CPAB ), and any other odd jobs which help CHERUBS. CHERUBS is by far the most comforting place we found on our journey down the CDH path. It brings me great joy to be able to help members old and new.

No comments: