Tuesday, February 19, 2013

MEET OUR VOLUNTEERS - Tara Zoitos

Tara Zoitos
Tara Zoitos

Tara has been sharing her passion for CHERUBS and all they have to offer as a representative for the state of NY where she presently resides with her husband John, Taylor and their two pups Dexter and Delilah.

Taylor Marie was born June 19, 2002 with left sided congenital diaphragmatic hernia diagnosed at her 22 week "well check." Given an extremely poor prognosis and an impending sense of doom she found CHERUBS, where she was provided with the resources, support and education needed throughout her pregnancy, delivery at New York Presbyterian Babies Hospital and for the last ten years.

"Cherubs gave me a sense of hope and calm that no one could offer. My dream of being able to pay it forward has been so rewarding and I am so fortunate to have the opportunity.The relationship you form with parents experiencing the same pain, struggles and questions I had ten years ago is mutually transforming — engaging with others that need you is part of God’s redemptive plan."


Taylor's diagnosis and the lasting physical and emotional challenges was the catalyst to inspire me to become a pediatric nurse. I am presently furthering my education to encompass a specialty in Respiratory Therapies.

No comments: