Friday, March 1, 2013

MEET OUR VOLUNTEERS - Patricia Houle

Patricia HoulePatricia Houle

Patricia Houle is the grandma to Maddie Lynn May. Maddie was born on June 22, 2010.  My daughter first learned of Maddieʼs condition at an ultrasound that was performed at about 28 weeks. Maddie had Left-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia – also known as CDH. Her small intestines were all that were in her chest. Her heart was pushed all the way to the right side of her chest and was compressing her right lung. She also had an Atrial Septal Defect in her heart. She also had Pulmonary Hypertension / Pulmonary Hyperplasia, Urinary Reflux in both kidneys. She had a feeding tube and Nissen fundoplication done at 5 weeks. She was in the NICU for 53 days.  Maddie was delivered at Sunrise Childrenʼs Hospital in Las Vegas, Nevada at 38 weeks 5 days. Today, Maddie is a healthy 2 yr old that loves to play outside and in the swimming pool.

We currently live in Las Vegas, NV. My husband Brian and I have been married 25 years. We have 2 daughters Stephanie (22), she is Maddieʼs mom, and Amber (21). I work full time for the State of Nevada. My free time is spent with my granddaughter. If I have any extra free time I like to quilt and read. I have been a member of CHERUBS since 2010. I currently serve as the Nevada State Representative for CHERUBS.

No comments: