Tuesday, March 19, 2013

MEET OUR VOLUNTEERS - Andrea Martin

Andrea MartinAndrea Martin

My name is Andrea Martin and I am the mom to Sarah, born in 1999 with a LCDH. She was diagnosed in-utero at about 25 weeks. She was given a 25% chance of survival. Sarah was born in Portland and was quickly put on ECMO after her first repair. She did remarkably well and was in the NICU for about 2 months. She had a second hernia repair done at 10 months old. Sarah had a lot of complications from a brain bleed while on ECMO and has had years of ongoing issues resulting from CDH. She had rods fused to her spine to correct her scoliosis at 8 years old. Sarah is currently almost 14 years old and overall is a pretty typical teenager. She does struggle with her lung function but is a strong willed girl who does not let anything get in her way!

I have been a member of CHERUBS for almost 13 years or so. I am a single mom whose first priority is my daughter. I am a child and family counselor and have a Master's in Counseling. Besides my CHERUB I also have a little dog who I spoil as if he was a real baby!I enjoy scrap booking, reading, watching Friends, shopping and decorating.

No comments: